k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Friday, April 23, 2004

It's been awhile

It's been some time since I posted, and that is because of the amount of time I had been giving to the CPU without any regard to the closing end-semester examinations ready to pounce on me. Anyways, I don't think a lot of water has flowed to the Ganges in this time and will recount some things.

First Things First... My CPU is working!!! I cannot write how much joy this gives me... Mine is one of the three batches who were able to complete it. And last year only two batches were able to do it, and none the year before. When I went to click some photos of the CPU, I was exhilerated...

But I think the best thing I liked about it was that it came with a sense of deja vu. It was almost like working for Illumination again. Illumination is the annual contest held at IIT Kharagpur, where halls have to make figures out of diyas, hung on a chatai vertically. The chatais are truly huge, some are almost 30ft by 30 ft... You work for a whole month on them, whole nights, unabated... And the watch the fruit of your labour burn out in 10 minutes... But those 10 mins are like an eternity.... They linger forever in your memory... But I think more important than the final lighting, the time we put in on working on it, which is the most important... You really get to know your hallmates, and learn to work in a team, and as a second year, also learn to follow orders...

The CPU design was much like it... Working incessantly or over a month and a half... with almost 20 hrs of lab per week in the last few weeks, and you have a memory that you will cherish forever... When I was able to run all the 10 instructions my CPU can handle, I just could not believe my eyes... Watching the dance of the LEDs to my tune, I grew ecstatic... and well, I just can not write about my feelings here... I just seem to get the words...

Besides the CPU I also spent some time studying this week. I really needed to due to the close proximity of the end semester examinations... Went through probability and statistics.... It is a strange subject, the same problem can be solved using various formulas, and I just cannot figure out which one to use....

Chalo then,,, feeling the urge of nature now.... will write more later

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
===
The World Reads in awe as I write !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home