k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Monday, April 19, 2004

An Afternoon at the Software Lab in A.C.

It was another tiring day... had loads of work... Got up in the morning and after the regular ablutions, went in search of the elusive AV Cell officials. As usual it was closed, I should have expected it... Went in search in the whole institute building looking for AV Cell ppl whom I could talk to... Today we have the department farewell, and I did not want to makhao this... I am hopeful of getting a place in the CSE Department Society, and this would make the prof incharge worried as far as future functioning of the department society is concerned... whatever be the case... it wasn't entirely my mistake... yesterday was the JEE screening test... and tomorrow is the General Election First Phase... and our department farewell seems to be sandwiched between the two... All AV Cell ppl were busy coz the get duties for these... However, after a lot of running around (sadly not around trees)... I was able to get hold of Prof GL Datta, who is incharge of the place... and ultimately resolved the crisis...

This is one thing I have learnt being a Kshitij member... when you work at the Students Gymkhana at KGP one thing you surely learn is to procrastinate till the last moment until everything seems to be going wrong and there seems to be no solution for the crisis and them somehow emerge as the great hero and solve all problems... somehow,,, someway... And also how not to let the people blame you for all the problems and the last minute chaos but praise you for redeeming a really difficult situation... hehehe

Apart from that I had planned to continue work on my CPU which I will do after the lab... thankfully there is no Sensors class today...

And for the cache, the problem is still unresolved... coming back to procrastination... I am supposed to be working on this for over 7 months now... Earlier I was supposed to be working on XML based application, then that got changed and i was then working on the cache. I was actually given this work in February and this weekend was the first time I opened the file... Kgp does teach you a thing or two about doing work...

Lots has been written, and lots more will be written... but not now [remember Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings III: The Return of the King]...

===
The World Reads in awe as I write !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home