k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Long time no C

There are various ways to look at the title of this post. It can be interpreted as my not having posted anything for the past few days. Or, I could mean my not meeting somebody for a long time. Or it could even imply that I have been doing too much coding of late, and the result is that my brain has now stopped "interpreting" instructions, and is now looking for some where else to apply its programming prowess.

Anyways, the fact is that the last few days were too bad. I had a programming assignment to submit in which I was supposed to verify a C-program. [Non-geeks may skip this!]. Actually I had to implement a syntax checker for a compiler, and that believe me can be a tough nut to crack esp. if you are not using any compiler generation tools.

So, as I was saying, last few days were spent mostly in the lab. It is usually the case with me, because I am never able to study in my room. When the deadline approaches, or when the exams come knocking, I usually have to take shelter either in my A.C. lab or the A.C. library [both of which I don't mind ;-)].

Read quite a few insightful blogs on philosophy of life, which got me thinking. First came Anu's post where she quoted Erma Brombeck [have never heard of her] how she would spend her life after she discovered Cancer. Also read Bibin's post also on philosophy. I do agree with you people. Most people never give a thought to how they are living. They carry on an aimless existence, always looking for promotions, ways of making more money, more cars, more bikes, more of everything. Another thing I hate is the "good boy" or "good girl" attitude people have. Trying to be perfect in whatever you do, trying to get marks because all good boys get them, trying to keep your room clean just because 'Cleanliness is Godliness', trying to read only "good" books, well-acclaimed movies [in fact, once I saw a movie by most prolific actor of India, Mithun da, it was hilarious (tho' it was supposed to be serious), n I loved it ;-)]. However, I do feel that most of the time we get so much carried away in all this that we are unable to appreciate the simple pleasures of life. We actually live life like a bot. We also got to realize that many a times we get more of life not by "more" but by "less". By having less worries, by being less regular to class, by doing less work and more play, by keeping your room less clean, by sometimes unleashing the devil within you, and really have a blast!

Sadly for me, I have too more deadlines to meet in the next week, and I can't afford to be all that bad right now :-(

Current Mood: Relaxed
Current Music: Tata Young in Dhoom

5 Comments:

  • At 7:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    was in a pretty sulky mood when i posted which is the reason for "No Comments". And BTW, being a comp engg is NOT easy for ordinary mortals like us(hear ye, all snobby IIT-ians :P )
    Like ur blog. Very "engineery" and "IITy"...if u excuse the neologisms:)
    Rhea

     
  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger kpowerinfinity said…

    hey there!

    Believe me, computer engg is not as tough as you think. And I would always stick by what I said on your blog: "Computer Engg is the easiest of the log!". You don't have to get your hands dirty, not solve complex mathematical equations, no sit down with a calculator to measure currents and voltages, and gosh! you don't even have to worry about unknown chemicals which can cut short your life. Really simple, isn't it?

    I don't know what you mean by IITy and engineery but I think IIT-ish and engineerish would have been more apt!!!

    Anyway, keep visiting!!!

     
  • At 12:35 pm, Blogger Shobha said…

    Heheheee! MITHUN DA rocks.....I love his movies.... He has created a cult-following for himself. HAHAHAHAA! One has to watch such crappy fare all the time.....Ghati Songs, Mithun movies.my idea of fun anyday.ehehheee!
    Shobha

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI! Nice blog... Thanks for stopping by at mine. I have a friend at Kgp. First I thought, you were him, pulling my leg... but obviously you are not! -Diamonds

     
  • At 8:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But then again, Orkut is extremely hate-able... Incredibly slow... Zillions of bugs that need fixing... I know all you IIT-ians have been worshipping Orkut for ages, but I hate it! Its too slow, for regular Indian modem connection. I have broadband, atleast I can connect, my friends with telephone modems gave up on trying to connect to Orkut. - Diamonds

     

Post a Comment

<< Home