k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Week in Words

One whole week has just gone by. Everything still is the same as before, but there is a difference.

I participated in two debates in the last one and a half weeks, and I am beginning to feel pretty good about it. The point is that it had been a long time since any action, and moreover, it was probably the first time, I could actually speak on the mike without my legs shaking. Confidence can do a world of good. Really.

Wednesday was a holiday. Out insititute foundation day. Had a blast, i.e., slept most of the day. Evening we had the TDS [Technology Dance Society] Freshers production. It was pretty good, but can possibly never match the TDS production in my first year in terms of the quality of the songs, or the participation. It is supposed to be a freshers production, but you could count the number of freshers on your fingers. Moreover, there has been a constant decline in the number of female dancers on campus, and the ones who are there can probably never match their seniors both in terms of beauty as well as elan. Nevertheless, it was probably the 2nd best production I have seen [Haven't seen too many of them after all!!!]

Anyway, the rest of the week went in mugging, and coding, the sine qua non of my existence here. Semaphores are not man's best friend and playing around with them may not always be fun.

Saw 'Kyun... Ho Gaya Naa'. I hadn't expected much from the movie and so have no regrets about having watched it. Vivek Oberoi is a buffoon, Ash hasn't looked all that good except for some parts. I dont know what got into Amitabh's head that he agreed for such an absurd movie, and with an equally absurd role. His portrayal of a man who runs an orphanage looks more like that of a clown in the typical "Park Circus" circus'. And I would not like to comment about a non-existent script and storyline. The only reason why I could tolerate the movie was that I had just returned from my electrical lab.

Well, that probably sums up everythin'. Add to that a whole lot of classes and more coding, and you get my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home