k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Bird Sanctuary

I have just returned from a trip to Calcutta. Well, it was worth going to Cal, and obviously I did lotsa bird watching, and this is what this blog is dedicated to.

I personally feel the fourth floor of Forum, where the INOX ticket counter is should officially be declared a Bird Sanctuary. Whenever I go there I get this nagging feeling why I study in this god-forsaken place called Kharagpur, where it is easier to find snakes than the fairer sex. Its just too unfair. The girls are too few and too far between. And to add to that, most are the ideal candidates for Fair & Lovely, HLL please note. The very few who are there are too arrogant and over-proud of their non-existent beauty. The sexed up sex ratio is probably one of the reasons for the guys being so frustrated, the drugs and the daroo, the ragging in the hostels. Just imagine, if there was a girl for every guy there would anybody have the time to rag their juniors? I think the authorities ought to consider this seriouly -- They can get rid of all the troubles of the IIT students if they decide to have a more equitable distribution among the sexes. Or allot space inside the IIT campus for a private engineering college which can only admit girls. Wotsay???

And to add to the unfair discrimination to the boys, some of the companies which come to the companies flaunt a gender equality policy during placements, i.e., they take equal number of boys and girls. Now, where on Earth would you call this justice??? The ratio of boys to girls is at best 30:1 so that should be the ratio in which the employed. Fair, right ??

Anyway, as I was saying, INOX ticket counter should be declared a national reserve and a bird sanctuary, where it is compulsory to hunt birds, unlike the others. The birds should be allowed to fly off, and whoever catches them gets to keep them. Cool. And they should make more of these bird sanctuaries near IITs, and KGP being the first IIT should obviously have the privilege of having the first of these.

Gradually, the sinking feeling is slowly sinking in within me. I am however back in Kgp, and I am starting to realize that this is only the stuff of dreams, the Karan Johar flick which entertains you for three hours, but leaves you sour in the mouth after that :((

GOD HELP ALL KGPIANS !!!

===
"I have a dream" --- only when i'm sleepin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home