k^infinity to http://kpowerinfinity.spaces.live.com/ & http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com

Pushing the limits ... to infinity! This blog has now been split into two. My personal blog is now located at Live Spaces and my more technical blog is located at Wordpress

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Whoa I'm Happy

This week I am pretty happy. Coz my sister's marriage got fixed. And that too after almost 4 years of courtship and subsequent dating. So, on the personal front things have been pretty good.

Actually, I went to Calcutta on Monday bcoz the groom's family was coming over to our home to finalize things, and give their final agreement. So there was a small family function and gathering of close relatives and friends. The next day we went for Mittagessen to Grain of Salt, a decently expensive restraunt which strangely also serves good food. Anyways, here too, things did not move all that easily. I had a laboratory on Monday Afternoon, that too Signals and Networks [one of the most boring and utterly useless courses I have taken till now], and the professor stubbornly refused to give me permission to bunk the lab and compensate for it later. So, here I was, reaching home after most of the function was over, left to eat whatever crumbs were left. I hate Electrical Engineering Department professors.

Anyways, soon as I returned, there was no respite. I had my department freshers' introduction to organize and the whole of the next was spent in trying to put together things, and battle chaos' as it came. One of the things I have learnt after all these events is that Murphy's laws will never leave your side, however hard you may try. It is the doppelganger who knows all the time what you are doing, how you are planning, and will always find some way to outwit you. And then it is upto you to find out a way to beat it at its own game. [For a very interesting list of Murphy's laws and its corollaries, visit this site]

Thankfully, the introduction went off without much chaos [In fact chaos is the universal word used here in kgp for anything and everything that can go wrong... more about this sometime later].

I now have three assignments to contend myself with, to spend my weekend. People in the cities usually keep their weekends reserved for their girlfriends, but here at IIT we don't take chances, enjoy the whole week, and procrastinate it till it gets up your ass and then finally spend your weekend doing it. Moreover, I have been spending my last two days on orkut. Jhandaoing. Jhandaoing. And jhandaoing. [btw did nebody know that orkut had a mirror site orcut which is much faster than orkut proper]. And I spent whole of my evening out on a treat. And rite now my eyes are bleeding.

Somebody please give me inspiration and motivation to work!!!

And more importantly I have yet to complete The Catcher in the Rye.

Current Mood: sleepy
Current Music: I'm deaf tired!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home